Functional Capacity Evaluation
A Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is a comprehensive series of performance-based tests that help objectively measure an injured employees’ physical abilities. The test will gauge physical strength, range of motion, stamina, and tolerance of functional activities, including pushing, pulling, lifting, and carrying. These tests can determine the necessity for work restrictions and options for return to work.
Components of Plaza Physical Therapy’s FCEs:
- Musculoskeletal evaluation (looks specifically at strength, posture, flexibility, gait, sensation, and reflexes)
- Validity of effort testing (includes a battery of 40-45 objective, research-based tests)
- Cardiovascular/endurance testing
- Functional/work tolerance testing
- Functional mobility testing
- Body mechanics assessment
- Observation of employee traits and behaviors
- Job site assessments
- 1-day format
- Baseline or job-specific assessments are available
- Legally defensible, research-based, objective testing protocols
- A consistent reporting format
“Great facility and care. Will recommend to others”.